Twitter

10 May 2010

Here's What's Exciting...

I just returned from seeing Iron Man 2 in the theater with Dayna. I loved it so many times over and I will probably watch it until I've memorized all the cool lines, just as I did with part 1. Director Jon Favreau creates some fantastic movies, and I don't believe there could have been a better actor to play the lead character than Robert Downey Jr.

I am a little disappointed that actor Terrence Howard, who played "Rhodey" in Iron Man, was replaced by Don Cheadle in the sequel. Granted, Cheadle is an A-list actor while Howard is C+ at best. However, Terrence Howard is a decent actor who is almost always cast as a character that the audience comes to hate. It was very refreshing to see him on the good side of things in a role that he filled perfectly. Booting him for a better name was disrespectful and unnecessary. I definitely didn't go see, nor was I even more inclined to see, Iron Man 2 because it was co-starring Don Cheadle. So to whoever made that decision: fuck you and everyone who looks like you.

What I'm most excited about is that Iron Man 2 was pretty clearly open-ended. At least it seemed that way to me. So there is more to come! Unfortunately, if this is the case, the number of years between the first two parts indicates that we shouldn't expect Iron Man 3 any time soon. But this is okay, I still have about 8,011 times to watch this super sexy sick movie!

Thank you, and good morning.

No comments: